Online Reputation Management is essential to business success in today’s world. When people need a service or are thinking about buying something, they start by Googling the product or service. Most people will click on one of the top three results that show up. If your business is on the second page of their Google search, you’re in trouble. That’s because 75% of people never scroll past the first page of search engines.
Why is it important to manage your online reputation?
According to the BrightLocal Local Consumer Review Survey 2018:
- 86% of consumers read reviews for local businesses
- 95% of people ages 18 to 34 read local business reviews
- Consumers read an average of 10 reviews online before they feel they can trust a business
- Consumers value recent reviews – 40% only take into account reviews written within the past 2 weeks, a 22% year-over-year increase
- 57% of consumers will only buy from a business that has 4 or more stars
- 91% of 18-to-34-year-old consumers trust reviews online as much as recommendations from friends and family
Your online reputation can make or break a prospect’s decision to purchase from you.
2 Best Ways to Help Potential Clients Find, Choose, and Trust Your Michigan Business
1 – Maintain Correct Listings
- If they don’t find you, they can’t choose you.
2 – Have Abundant Positive Reviews
- If they see negative reviews, they won’t choose you.
Maintaining correct listings and having abundant (and current) positive reviews are also an important part of a comprehensive SEO strategy.
Anatomy of a Search for Services
Customers will only find you on Google if your listings are accurate and you have reviews.
19% of a business’s Google ranking is determined by Google My Business (GMB). A well-maintained GMB profile gets 5x more views than an incomplete profile. An optimized GMB listings includes:
- Physical Address
- Phone Number
But it’s not enough to list the information once. It is important to add photos and posts, and to keep information up-to-date.
How Customers Find Your Business Online
In 2020, the customer journey often begins with a Google search, usually on a mobile device. The three most common searches are:
- Location Based — “Rehabilitation centers near me”
- By Rating — “Top rated chiropractor in Brighton Michigan”
- By Attribute — “Dentists with wi-fi“
Where does your small business rank?
Google’s algorithm determines your search ranking. And listings and reviews are the factors that affect your ranking the most. Both can be managed effectively through using marketing tools and services, such as those offered by JCW Marketing & Sales.
Curious how your business’s online presence stacks up?
Click here for a free Online Presence Checkup for your business.