Marketing 101 : 9-Step Marketing Plan
Most people know the word marketing and a little about what marketing means. People even get excited to see what marketing teams have come up with for super bowl commercials and have discussions about which ad was the best. Marketing can seem so simple from the outside, have a grand idea, put it together, and voilà commercial gold.
But behind every commercial/ad, social post, and email there’s a carefully crafted approach that helps these companies create what people are seeing. In the world of marketing, this is called the marketing plan.
What is a Marketing Plan?
A marketing plan is a roadmap that helps you set goals, understand your target audience, and optimize the impact of your marketing campaigns. A good marketing plan helps companies communicate their “big” goal and purpose and helps track the success of their campaigns.
The benefits of having a well thought out marketing plan include:
- Understanding the business. Marketing plans can help companies understand the strengths and weaknesses of their business, as well as new opportunities
- Aligns marketing goals with business goals. Without a plan it can be easy to lose sense of direction. A marketing plan helps ensure that marketing goals are aligned with the vision, mission statement and goals of the company.
- Ensure everyone is on the same page. Having a working document of your marketing makes it easier for not just your team, but the entire company to work towards a common goal.
- Keep focused on what’s important. A marketing plan is a constant reminder of a company’s goals and strategies, which helps them stay on track.
- Make better decisions. Planning ahead of time can prevent company’s from making hasty decisions when difficult situations arise.
As you can see there are plenty of reasons to make sure your company’s marketing plan is well researched and put together. So how do you make sure you’re doing the right things when working through your marketing plan?
How to Create a Marketing Plan?
Crafting a worthwhile marketing plan and strategies require multiple steps– as well as a deep dive into the “Why’s and What’s” of the business. JCW Marketing and Sales offers insight with our 9-Step Marketing Plan, which can be used to form a marketing plan or strategies around a specific marketing effort. Here are the basics behind the 9-steps:
- Goals and Measurements- you want to identify the specific goals the plan attempts to achieve. The goals you set should be measurable.
- Niche- what segment of the business are you going after? How do you differentiate yourself from the competition?
- Target Market- look at different revenue streams, zero in on your niche, and define your perfect client persona.
- Branding- what does your brand promise? What is the look, feel and message on all material? How does your target audience see you?
- Key Messages- develop messaging that supports your niche.
- Website- develop a website with content that leads visitors through a funnel to self-select for sales readiness.
- Automation and Systematization- identify areas that can be automated and find systems for the other areas to save time.
- Communication- develop a consistent communication plan and all the appropriate channels.
- Lead Generation- determine where and how you will reach your target market and generate leads within your budget.
These 9-Steps will help any business outline their marketing plan and create strategies for current and future campaigns.
How JCW Helps
With JCW’s 9-Step Plan, we help you really examine the purpose of your business. We work through the 9-Steps with you and teach you how to build your strategy around the values that matter to you. Your business is your legacy and JCW is here to join our expertise with your vision, collaborate with you to help your company be successful, and win more business.
If you would like to learn more about our 9-Step Marketing Plan, please contact us below.